Okay, so I have never really experienced jet lag before. It stinks! The first few days were really tough and we are all slowly recovering, but getting on a regular schedule is difficult. I think John is suffering the most. Longji and I are sleeping a little better day by day, but it is taking some time. In the last few days we have had a lot of firsts here in the Laymon household. Longji has decided he wants to sleep in the bottom bunk for now. He started out on the top bed, but our first night home he did not sleep well at all. He climbed out of bed and into ours. Day two John slept, well tried to sleep, in his room. Longji chose the bottom bunk and John took the floor. Neither slept. I didn't either. By day three we decided to take away naps and deal with a grumpy six year old boy. We NEED him to be tired enough to actually sleep at night. Our plan worked for day three. Jennifer slept on the floor and Longji actually slept in his bed. We stuck with the same strategy the next day and Longji was out 15 minutes after we stepped out of the bathtub. John put him in bed and he slept all night by himself! He did the same last night. Now if John and I could just get a good night's rest we would all be happy. We have taken him to McDonald's a couple of times to wear him out on the playground and also to the park one morning. He does not care for hamburgers and french fries so John and I just order drinks and watch him play. He does get bored without a play partner so we need school to be out quick! We have done some clothes and shoe shopping. His Aunt Casey and Uncle Jeff bought him his first pair of tennis shoes! Thanks you two. He also had his first haircut with us. He and Ba Ba got their hair cut together. He is adjusting amazingly well. I can't complain. He is also more comfortable here at the house. He would not go into his room or bathroom alone until yesterday. Now he runs around and walks into every room with confidence. I am looking into summer programs and different kinds of classes...swim lessons, martial arts, etc. to keep him busy this summer. Next week is our first doctor's appointment and then from there we will schedule appointments with the dentist and eye doctor. We know he probably needs glasses and we are pretty positive he has a number of cavities as this is pretty common with children from the orphanages. I am posting a few pictures from our Flip Video so I hope they turn out okay. There is a snapshot from a pool video at the White Swan I wanted to post. He is so adorable in his spiderman swim trunks. I can't wait to take him to Avry's pool. She is his seven year old cousin. I should be better about posting now since I am slowly recovering from the jet lag. Just to clarify the attached pictures. One is from the swimming pool and our first haircut. Longji is great about brushing his teeth, but he wanted a water bottle the first few nights to do it because that is what we had to do in China. He is now used to using the running tap water. The picture from his room is him opening his hot wheel boxes and placing them in his hot wheel case. We asked him the color of every car and he does this "thinking face" when we do this.
I love it! Have tried to email you back with my phone number and something is wrong with my email. Would love to meet tomorrow…will call you...
ReplyDelete