Today we had our first breakfast with Longji. He is an eater. We actually have to stop him from eating so he doesn't get a stomach ache. The White Swan Hotel has a waterfall and "pond" inside near the breakfast buffet and Longji went crazy over the fish. I posted a picture of him and Ba Ba telling the fish hello. It is amazing how much English he knows. We met our guide, Kelly, at 9:30am to head back to Civil Affairs for paperwork. Again, so many families so it took a while. Poor Longji's shorts kept falling off so we had to tie the backpack straps to his belt straps to keep them up. We actually carried him a lot when the backpack was off because his pants would literally fall down. And he insisted on wearing his superman sweatshirt in the non-air conditioned building. It was very warm. Once we finished at the Civil Affairs office, which he did great waiting for, we headed to the grocery store for noodles, water, snacks, soy milk and toothpaste. My tube of toothpaste was confiscated at the airport so we have been using Longji's toothpaste. I don't care for the candy flavored toothpaste very much. We also grabbed lunch and brought it back to the hotel. The three of us shared fried rice (real fried rice), noodles and a variety of steamed buns. Longji kissed the package of buns. He loved them. One thing he loves to do is share his food with us. It is amazing how generous he is. I was unpacking groceries and he insisted I sit and eat. He is extremely outgoing and shy at the same time. Oh, and he can't stand to tke anything out the play with until he puts the other toy up...that's my boy!




He is adorable! I can't wait for our boys to meet!! We feel your pain with the clothes all being too big but still being BIG eater. Can't wait for you all to get home!
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing blessing he is! I am just soaking up everything you write! We are praying for a wonderful bonding time, (sounds like that is going well!), and that you will have safety!
ReplyDelete