Sunday, May 30, 2010

Donuts, swimming pools, soccer games, birthday parties, little boy accidents!

Well we are all almost 100% recovered from our jet lag, thankfully. Friday we visited with the Ferlands and the boys played with water guns, water balloons and a water trough. Longji had a great time and we were pleased he actually ate a turkey sandwich. This is good. Sorry, I forgot the camera so there are no pictures to post of Campbell, Cael and Longji. Maybe next time.

Saturday was a very long day for us. Jordyn spent the night Friday and we all woke up early to watch Avry, my niece, play in a 9:00am soccer game. Her team won and she scored a goal! Yay!! We came home, cleaned up and went to a 12:00pm birthday party at the Work's house. Longji ate two whole hotdogs, wiener and buns separately, but that is fine with me. Gramma Work gave Longji a beautiful blanket that she made especially for him. It was so sweet and I honestly tear up when I think about how much support our friends and family have given us over the years...it was such a perfect gift! We left the party at around 3:00pm and John had to tend to my old red truck that Jennifer is driving for now. It apparently had some radiator issues or something. Meanwhile, Jordyn, Longji and myself went to visit my sister's house. We went swimming and played outside for a little bit. Longji did fantastic in the pool. I really need to get him some swimming lessons this summer. After swimming we went outside to see Avry's new scooter and Longji decided to ride one of her old three wheelers...he was way too confident on that thing and well, we had a little accident. On his third ride, he crashed and burned with the pavement. He cried for about 20 seconds and Uncle Randall helped me clean up the facial wounds. I was a mess of course...I know, he is a little boy (all boy) and I need to get used to it. I can hear all of you now telling me to toughen up. It looks worse than it feels apparently since it hasn't slowed him down at all.

We did decide to take things easy today since we have another busy day tomorrow. We all slept in a bit and I hit the grocery store early this morning. We have both been on the computer practicing our alphabet and watching some Veggie Tales. He loves the movies! We did have our first donut this morning. He picked the chocolate one with sprinkles...of course! He seemed to like it, but couldn't finish the entire thing so we wrapped it up for later. As for his scrapes and bruises, he has a very sore lip, but other than that he has not complained about anything. He helped me with some laundry and put away all of the groceries. Everything is such a learning experience. I asked him to take the Bounce dryer sheets to the dryer and later I found out they ended up in his sink in the bathroom. Hey, it is in the same general direction in the house. I think John is going to run some errands with him while I clean house this afternoon. We may hit the sidewalk with some chalk (no faces) later this afternoon. We will see how my little man is feeling.

Tomorrow I should have plenty of pictures to post. We are attending a BBQ at a friends house and another one in the evening at my brother's house. Should be a fun day!



No comments:

Post a Comment