I don't want to be on a plane again for at least...well, for a while. The trip home seemed longer than the trip there. Wait, it was! We took a train Friday to Hong Kong. That was a disaster. Then we flew Saturday 12 hours to San Francisco, arriving before our departure time because of the time change, had a 4 hour layover there and it took a little over three hours to fly home. Longji did fantastic! He is so strong willed...he refused to fall asleep. He took about a two and a half hour nap from Hong Kong to San Francisco and then maybe 45 minutes from San Francisco to San Antonio. He did not want to miss a thing. I think I slept maybe two hours and John a little more. We were too anxious and too worried about him to close our eyes for very long. Our family (and the Ferlands!) greeted us at the airport with hugs and kisses and signs! Oh, it was a treat to see everyone once we reached home. Longji did well meeting everyone and it was so nice to see Cael and Campbell, future BFFs of Longji! I can't wait to get the three together! I think he did so well meeting everyone because he saw most everybody on Skype for two weeks. He was ready to meet the people on the other side of the computer. We did not realize it, but the girls (Jennifer, Johnna, Jordyn and my niece, Avry) all decorated the house inside and out for our homecoming. Longji was beside himself. It was a rough night sleeping and tonight will probably be the same, but we are hoping to get on a regular schedule here soon. He loves his dogs very much and all of his toys. We know this because he doesn't stop kissing them. Tomorrow we are headed out for a haircut for both Dad and son and we need to get Longji a good pair of tennis shoes. Enjoy all of the pictures. I will keep posting as things move along. We are so happy to be home!
Sunday, May 23, 2010
We are home!
I don't want to be on a plane again for at least...well, for a while. The trip home seemed longer than the trip there. Wait, it was! We took a train Friday to Hong Kong. That was a disaster. Then we flew Saturday 12 hours to San Francisco, arriving before our departure time because of the time change, had a 4 hour layover there and it took a little over three hours to fly home. Longji did fantastic! He is so strong willed...he refused to fall asleep. He took about a two and a half hour nap from Hong Kong to San Francisco and then maybe 45 minutes from San Francisco to San Antonio. He did not want to miss a thing. I think I slept maybe two hours and John a little more. We were too anxious and too worried about him to close our eyes for very long. Our family (and the Ferlands!) greeted us at the airport with hugs and kisses and signs! Oh, it was a treat to see everyone once we reached home. Longji did well meeting everyone and it was so nice to see Cael and Campbell, future BFFs of Longji! I can't wait to get the three together! I think he did so well meeting everyone because he saw most everybody on Skype for two weeks. He was ready to meet the people on the other side of the computer. We did not realize it, but the girls (Jennifer, Johnna, Jordyn and my niece, Avry) all decorated the house inside and out for our homecoming. Longji was beside himself. It was a rough night sleeping and tonight will probably be the same, but we are hoping to get on a regular schedule here soon. He loves his dogs very much and all of his toys. We know this because he doesn't stop kissing them. Tomorrow we are headed out for a haircut for both Dad and son and we need to get Longji a good pair of tennis shoes. Enjoy all of the pictures. I will keep posting as things move along. We are so happy to be home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah! So glad that you all are home. Can't wait for the boys to have some quality time togethter! Welcome home.
ReplyDeleteLove,
The Ferlands