Hello all! Sorry it is taking me this long to post anything. We have been crazy busy hanging out with our little boy. Our Gotcha moment was pretty smooth. Longji showed up in his pajamas we sent in one of his care packages. Apparently the nanny who dressed him yesterday morning did not realize they were pj's. We received a book and cd along with a gift from the orphanage and Longji's American teacher sent a letter with tons of school work. Priceless! He did get a little upset when the nanny said goodbye, but he fought back tears the whole way back to the hotel. He was trying to be brave. We went to dinner at Lucy's and then tried to settle down for bed. Poor thing had an upset tummy and we ended up cleaning up a mess around 8:00pm. I think it was a combination of no nap, too much food and candy, and too much excitement. He did sleep between John and I. Before turning off the lights he took off my glasses, folded them up and put them on the nightstand next to the bed. I about lost it. He is very bright and he does know a lot of English. Last night at Lucy's he saw a picture of a motorcycle and named it! We were in shock. This morning we are heading back to the Civil Affairs office to complete our paperwork. Yesterday there were about 60 families there. It was chaos! Hopefully it won't be as crowded today. Then we are headed to buy some clothes. Everything we brought is way too big. He can't take a step without his pants falling off so we have to take turns carrying him. I will include pictures, but in no particular order because I am not sure how to. I will say this, I feel like God has prepared his heart for us because this has been really very easy so far. Praise God!






OK we are balling here!!! Cant stop the tears!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are so happy that God blessed your family with this amazing little guy!!!!!
We Love You all!
John, Theresa, and Longji,
ReplyDeleteWe have been anxiously awaiting this post and are SOOO thankful for God's grace and provision in this moment. So happy to hear that he is settling in and can't WAIT to hear the continuing saga! You all will continue to be in our prayers as you grow together as a family!
Love,
The Ferlands
We are so excited for you! I started crying when I read the post. I know this moment has been long awaited and I'm so happy it's finally here! Jeff says tell Adam to get his fishing rod ready!
ReplyDeleteI'm totally bawling my eyes out. I'm so thrilled that you have your little boy. Taking off your glasses, how sweet! Sleeping between you? Isn't that wonderful! How will you ever let him sleep in his own bed? I can't wait to hear more about your Mommy (and Daddy) diaries:-)
ReplyDeleteHey guys! Dubuque here - I am so happy for you all. I still remember our "track meet" and you talked about one day holding your little one in your arms. Longji is going to a really great home. I can't wait to meet him one day. Oh and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY THERESA!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletelove the pics cant wait for yall to get home so i can see my little brother he sounds very smart :)
ReplyDelete