Saturday, August 14, 2010

Qi Qiao Jie - Chinese Valentines Day

We attended our first FCC event this evening with Longji. John and I have attended two in the past without him, but tonight was his first official FCC event! We had dinner at a Chinese restaurant to celebrate Chinese Valentines Day. During dinner a clown showed up at about 6:45pm and entertained the kids for a while. She made balloon animals and shapes, moved on to some magic tricks and then did some face/hand painting. Longji picked the spiderman for his hand. He seemed like he had a good time. He did not interact too much with the other children (they were mostly girls), but I think he really enjoyed the clown. This morning I had to work at school so John took Longji to Lowes for the kids project and he built a bug box. It's pretty cute and he earned his second patch. He also went to a football game with John so he has had a pretty eventful day. If I think about it I will try to post a picture tomorrow of the bug and his patches.





1 comment:

  1. So cute! I did not realize it was Chinese V-day! We neec to contact the local FCC...

    ReplyDelete