Well, John and I had the opportunity to get away this last weekend and we took advantage of it. We went to Garner State Park and met my parents for the long holiday weekend. It was so relaxing I did not want to leave. I read an entire book and John kept himself busy bird watching. We went hiking on Saturday and the weather was beautiful, too cold for the water though. We are back home this evening and ready to tackle the big China To Do List again! This is officially my last week of school and then we are off to meet our son. I forgot to post the itinerary the other night so here it is below...a rough draft for now. Our request to visit the orphanage was denied which is bothersome, but we have no control at this point. We really just want to get there and meet Longji.
5/7 Arrive in Beijing
5/8 Tour Great Wall, Forbidden City and Tian An Men Square
5/9 Fly to Guangzhou
5/10 Meet our Son! This is known as "Gotcha Day"
5/11 Civil Affairs Office for registration and Public Notary
5/12 TB Test for Longji and shopping
5/13 to 5/16 Sightseeing days
5/17 Get Longji's passport
5/18 Medical Exam
5/19 Our guide goes to the American Consulate for documents(not sure what we do...maybe more shopping)
5/20 Oath-taking ceremony
5/21 Train to Hong Kong
5/22 Fly back home
No comments:
Post a Comment