Tonight I went for a run and it is amazing how far my mind can wander when I am having a good run. I couldn't stop thinking about our "Gotcha" moment and what it is going to feel like. Am I even going to be able to put it into words? John and I decided that we would like to visit the orphanage if they allow us to and also visit Longji's "finding place." We went back and forth about the orphanage, but we ultimately decided it was something we wanted to experience with Longji. The orphanage has to give us permission so we will see.
As for preparing for our travels, I continue to tackle the never-ending To Do List. It feels like once I cross something off of the list I end up adding two more items. I checked out a blog the other day that suggested making business-like cards with our names, state and city address, phone number, e-mail and blog address to share with others that we travel with or simply meet on our trip. She said she was constantly looking for paper and pen to share this information. What a fantastic idea...add it to the To Do List. I have made attempts to contact pediatricians who are familiar with international adoptions, but have been unsuccessful. It is still on my To Do List though. And as far as lists go, I just finished making one for my house guests who are taking care of Ginger, Jackson, Sammie and Buddy, my house, mail, yard, plants...you see what I mean. Tomorrow I will post the itinerary as we know it now.
No comments:
Post a Comment