Okay, I think I am officially caught up with the blogging. It is 1:45pm right now in China. The kids are building legos, coloring and watching television. We were up very early this morning. John and I can't seem to get on a regular schedule. Last night Longji slept in the bed with Brielle. I woke up at 3:00am and she was on the floor. Longji was laying across the bed sideways. Not sure if he kicked her off or not. I had to wake John up to help move her. She was dead weight. Later on we both heard her fall off again. She didn't even wake up which is hard to believe because she hit the floor hard. We all went to breakfast and then headed out on our first tour to the Qing Xiu Mountain. I think this is one of my favorite tours in China. First, we started out with the "golden fish" which we know as koi. We bought food for the kids to feed the fish. There were tons of fish and it was fun to watch them feed. We then headed up the mountain to a restored pagoda. It was a beautiful walk. Toward the top we stopped to buy a decoration for Brielle and Jordyn's room. I wanted to make sure I had something from Nanning for her. We treated the kids to ice cream and rested a while before heading back. One thing is for sure, Brielle loves to eat. She doesn't stop. In a majority of the pictures with the statues she has her ice cream in her hands. We weren't about to take it away. After returning from our climb, we headed to a part of the resort where there are tons of statues. We walked around and took lots of pictures. Again, you can see an ice cream in most of them. We did get a cute smile out of her in one of the photos. She and Longji are getting along really well and they enjoyed taking pictures together. Their Chinese zodiac is the monkey so we got a picture with the monkeys and John and I are both horses so we took pictures with the horse statue. The resort was beautiful. We had a lot of stares, but everyone is very friendly. John and I decided to have a little fun with Longji in one of the pictures...see if you can figure this one out. He had no clue what we were setting him up for. Brielle is slowly coming out of her shell. She is not very affectionate, maybe a little with Longji, but very distant from John and I. We know it will come in time, but it is hard to see her pictures and she looks so unhappy in some of them. Overall, it was a great morning and we are enjoying some down time here at the hotel. We are meeting another family for dinner this evening and then tomorrow is a day for shopping. We have been able to skype pretty much everyone daily which has been nice. I can't see the blog so I hope everything looks good and is making it through. The weather here has been pretty good. There really is no hope in fixing hair and wearing makeup. I can't remember if I have mentioned it before, but Brielle's hair is almost unmanageable. It is all over the place and very thin. She likes it up with bows and cute pony tail holders. We just did her nails again earlier. She peeled the last coat of paint off last night in the tub. If even a little bit comes off she doesn't like the way it looks so she peels the rest of it off. I am about to work with Longji on school work so for now I am caught up on all of our events. Will post more later.
No comments:
Post a Comment