Wednesday, January 27, 2010

More stuff...





Ok, we're closer, but not close enough. Is this what it feels like to be 8 1/2 months pregnant in the middle of a south Texas summer? This wait is miserable. And I assure those closest to John and I are miserable dealing with us, me in particular. Every day we receive more and more information from our agency. All good stuff, a bit overwhelming, but informative. What we really want to receive is our Travel Approval. Until then we continue to print the never ending amount of paperwork sent our way. I feel like we should have some sort of international adoption Master's degree to get through this. It is like the "paper chase" process gone mad. Those past and present APs know what I am talking about. I know in my heart it is all worth it in the end. I have no doubt in my mind that the Lord does not give us more than we can handle. Our God is awesome and we know he has ginormous things in store for us.

As we get closer...we have received our visas, prepared Adam's backpack (for now), picked out a set of PJs for him and painted a coat rack to hang in his room. These are the pictures posted above. You can see Ginger wanted to be a part of the backpack packing. Jackson has nothing to do with anyone or anything until about 12:00pm so he would not partake in the photo shoot this morning. So far I have the following items picked out for travel for Adam, some of which John and I will need to tote around: 3 coloring books with crayons, 2 sketch pads his grandma Pat bought him, 2 books, some hot wheels, a transformer thingy, a travel doodler with a light attached (I wanted the Etch-A-Sketch, but I was outnumbered by John and Mom), a camera that Grandma Pat is donating and he will definitely have a water bottle with him all of the time. Jennifer and Jordyn picked out the PJs a while back and we decided these would be great for the cold hotel room. I took a picture of his comforters also so you can see why the coat rack decor is what it is.

Thank you all for following our journey. There is absolutely no way we could have made it through all of this or even tackled such an adventure without the support of everyone in our lives. We cannot wait to introduce Adam to all of the important people who have played a role in our lives and what a blessing you all have been to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment