I wanted to check in and post some pictures of our latest family event - Brielle's first hip hop performance. This is definitely a first for us so we spent the last two days planning on how to bedazzle and "bling" up some hats to show our support for Brielle's team. I can't stop thinking about the words of the director, "a little girl can never have too much sparkle." This girl is definitely taking John's perspective on having daughters to a whole new level. Despite coming home from school yesterday feverish and hitting a 104.5 temp last night, the girl did pretty good. She hasn't been sick once since she has stepped foot into America, but last night was a rough one. Today, however, she decides to wake up with a normal temperature, appetite returned (it wasn't gone but for one meal anyway) and she was back to her morning grumpy, but loving, self. I made her stay at home and in bed pretty much up until the performance. And she never had a temperature above 98 all day. Still in shock of the whole thing.
John and Longji attended a morning family exercise session at his kung fu facility and then the two of them headed out to the kids' school carnival. I didn't allow Brielle to go because of last night's scary fever. She was not happy with me at all this morning. She got over it though once I sparkled her up with body glitter and a cute bedazzled/blingy hat.
Coming up...Easter and Longji's birthday. Both are actually on the same day this year which Longji was totally okay with. We did have to schedule his birthday party for April 6th though. We are already planning summer events and a possible move into a new house. We will see what God has in store for us...it's always good stuff.
Too cute! All of you look great and we can't wait to see y'all and catch up!
ReplyDelete