March 31st was a wonderful day! We celebrated Easter morning attending a very early church service, but well worth getting up so early. We then ate a birthday breakfast at my mom's house to celebrate Longji's 9th birthday. After resting for a couple of hours, we headed over to John's parents house for Easter lunch and a scavenger egg hunt. It was a wonderfully busy day and I loved it! As we settled down that evening, I sat for a minute and thought about Longji's birth mother and I wondered how or what she was feeling that day. My heart aches for her as I am sure she lives a life wondering about the baby she gave birth to nine years ago. He is such a blessing to our family and I can only hope that he truly realizes how many people love and cherish him.
We did celebrate his big birthday party the following week at the bowling alley. Longji chose bowling this time around and it was quite the experience with so many mini bowlers. He had such a good time opening his gifts and the kids were great guests.
Meanwhile, Jordyn had her district golf tournament this week and she ended up in the top ten! She now moves on to a regional tournament and we couldn't be more proud of her!
Wow! They are growing up so fast! The family looks great and it sounds like a wonderful week of celebrations!!
ReplyDelete