Saturday, October 16, 2010

Baby in the belly...again

First, let me start by saying that I truly believe I have one of the cutest, most intelligent little boys on the planet. The other night at dinner, Longji made everyone at the table almost cry and laugh at the same time. Jordyn was over for dinner and as he was stalling to avoid pork chop consumption, he began to tell me that he wants me to eat him so he can be a baby in my belly and sleep for a while. I know it does sound a little strange, but I think I know where he is going with this...every once in a while he brings up a "baby in the belly" topic. Sometimes it leads to the China belly discussion we have had once or twice. I think he is really very happy here with us and I think he really wants to make sure he stays and in his mind becoming my "baby" makes things more concrete. I hope that makes sense to all of you. So of course this conversation brought tears to my eyes and then he went on to talk about staying short and not growing big. Why we asked? Longji said, "so I can stay little and play with all my toys." I think he really enjoys his room, his things and his family because we are all he wants to do things with and if he had a choice he would never leave the house.

Our appointment with Mara, our social worker, went really well on Tuesday. She is very pleased with his progress and it was a pleasure to have him meet her. She has played such an important role in bringing us together and I think she was just as pleased to meet him and witness how well he fits our family.

Today we watched my niece, Avry, play soccer. Longji loves her and he likes to sit and eat sunflower seeds and yell at her during the game. Afterwards, we headed to La Vernia to visit my 99 year old great grandmother...yes, I said 99!. I have another great grandmother who is 104 and lives in New York. The women in my family live for a very long time. Anyway, we headed to La Vernia to see her and take a five generation photo. She was so cute and she had many questions about Longji. She seemed very proud of us and was very pleased to meet him.

Tomorrow is the Chinese school picnic and with the weather behaving so well I am really looking forward to a nice day at the park. I hope all of the kids have a fantastic time and I am really hoping Longji will have the opportunity to talk in Mandarin with his teachers and possibly some of the older students. We keep telling our parents how graceful he sounds, but they still have not had the opportunity to hear it for themselves.




No comments:

Post a Comment