Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day Weekend

We had a fantastic Father's Day weekend! Longji went fishing for the first time with his Baba and he had a blast. We went back to Guadalupe State Park on Saturday and spent the day with Grandma and Grandpa, Uncle Jeff and Aunt Casey. Jordyn was able to go with us as well. I am attaching some great pictures of John and Longji. My favorite is the one with their backs to the camera. Definitely frame worthy. We fished, ate, and tubed down the river a bit. Longji loves the water and he definitely loves his sister, Jordyn. Uncle Jeff caught the first fish and Longji couldn't wait to touch it. Sunday we returned to church and Longji attended his first "Sunday school class" at BRCC! He seemed to have a good time and it helped that Jordyn stayed with him in the room. Hopefully he will do just as well next week. We ate ribs, chicken and sausage at John's parents house and spent the day visiting over there with Uncle James and Longji's cousin Wade. Longji and Wade seem to get along very well and they kept hugging each other...it was adorable. On Monday Longji helped me vacuum, dust, fold laundry, empty the dishwasher and feed the birds. He loves to help around the house. We also did some school work and took a walk. When he wants to, he does very well with his school work. He is really good at numbers and simple math problems. He knows all of his alphabet and we have been practicing writing three letters at a time, capital and lowercase. We have worked on a few simple words, but he has a hard time retaining them. We are really going to hit the reading here soon in the next few weeks. He takes an assessment in the first week of August to determine what kind of services he will need through the school system. I am anxious to see how he does. Today we started swim lessons and he loved them. We go Tuesday through Friday for two weeks and I have already decided to sign him up for another session. I will try to post pictures of these tomorrow. We did buy new swim trunks today...stuck with the Spiderman theme of course. This afternoon we picked up his glasses and at one point he was excited about them, but today he refused to go pick them up. I know it will take a while to get used to and he is a six year old boy, but he really does need them and I think the more he wears them the more he will realize how much better he can see with them. His sleep is improving, but I still worry he is not getting enough rest. I read somewhere that for his age he should get between 10-11 hours and I would estimate he is only getting around 7-8. I know in time it will continue to improve. He has come a long way from our first few weeks home. I really can't complain. Tomorrow I will try to post swimming pictures and maybe some with his glasses if he will let me take them.








1 comment:

  1. I just love the pictures! Sounds like John had the perfect Father's Day. I'm so glad Longji is doing so well. He's such a smart boy. Lulu loves helping us around the house too, which we think is so cute. I hope our next skype session goes better! Sorry for all the interruptions and that our video didn't work!

    ReplyDelete