Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

Today we celebrated Christmas at my Mother and Father in-law's house. Jennifer, Johnna and Jordyn were there as well as Uncle James and Wade. This is a tradition in the Laymon family and I can't wait for Adam to be a part of it next year, his first Christmas with us. Grandma and Grandpa gave Adam a Cars blanket and a Cars themed learning laptop for Christmas. John and I opened one gift each for him. I think we are going to take the blanket with us to China for him to have at the hotel and for the plane trip home. I am still hoping to somehow piece together a superman pillow for him. This is one of my many projects for the next few weeks. If only I can figure out how to use that darn sewing machine! Tomorrow morning we are opening gifts and then treating ourselves to Starbucks with our awesome gift cards. John and I have pretty much given up Starbucks to help minimize costs and save for the trip so the gift cards from Uncle James were joyfully received. We are eating breakfast at my parent's house and then returning home for a non-traditional Christmas day of painting Adam's room. My mom is coming over to help with the bedroom and if John is feeling better, he is going to grill us some Christmas hamburgers. Tonight Jennifer and I are attending a midnight church service at our church. I filled up on a McDonald's coffee about two hours ago so I am wide awake so far. We will see how I am feeling in about an hour. This may be the last midnight service we make for a while. Next year we will have to put Adam to bed early so Santa can swing by the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment