Sunday, May 13, 2012
Happy Mother's Day!
Happy Mother's Day! This morning John and the kids brought me breakfast in bed and then spoiled me with cards and gifts. They also decorated a cake for me which was delicious. This is one of my favorite days of the year. I am so blessed to have three "bonus" children and my two little Chinese American angels. In all, I love playing a role in all five of their lives and though it seems a little hectic and overwhelming at times, it is totally, completely, without a doubt worth it. I wouldn't trade being a mom for any other job in the world. It is everything I hoped it would be and more.
Now, whether or not I am actually good at it remains to be seen, but I am hoping with time and God's guidance I will only get better. Longji was extra sweet to me today and he just gave me the best hugs and kisses. Brielle really has no idea what the day is about, but I think she was giving me a little extra love today as well. We attended the service at church and then headed over to my mom's house for a family barbeque. Jennifer and Bryan surprised me at home with a sweet card and some Starbucks money...loved it! Oh, and Jordyn sent me the sweetest text message ever. She absolutely melted my heart! We finished off the day at John's parents house for a nice visit and then some goodnight hugs and kisses from the kids. It was a fantastic day and I couldn't have asked for a better one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment