Friday, November 26, 2010

First Thanksgiving

Since Halloween, we have hit the six month mark! Still can't believe Longji has actually been with us for this long. This has been a fantastic week of bonding with Longji and we have truly spent some quality time together. We spent our first Thanksgiving with John's parents yesterday and we will spend tomorrow with my parents and family. Today we decorated the house and set up our first Christmas tree with Longji. I let him pick out some new ornaments (he picked blue) and we got out some older ornaments as well. John and I generally get a couple of ornaments every year being school teachers. Longji was so excited about decorating! Christmas music was playing and he hopped around the house singing "jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the bells." I tried to correct him, but he said "jingle all the way doesn't make sense." I really need to get him singing on video. We don't usually decorate this early, but this Christmas is a little extra special and we really wanted to take it all in with Longji. Now he has to wait three weeks for the celebration of baby Jesus and of course Santa's visit. We have our elf, Thomas, whom Longji named today, watching over the house. He will report to Santa nightly about Longji's behavior and any requests Longji has. This is a new tradition and I would recommend it for anyone with young children. You can find the book and elf at Barnes and Noble...The Elf on the Shelf. More pictures to come hopefully on Sunday from our second Thanksgiving dinner.








No comments:

Post a Comment