Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy July!

Sorry I have been ignoring my posting duties. We have been very busy lately and it seems like I can't get ten minutes at the computer without interruptions. Welcome to motherhood...right? I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. July has been fun and exciting so far. I am definitely not ready for all of the school supplies they are setting out at Walmart...ugh!

Longji wrapped up his swimming lessons last week and we decided to sign him up again for the last two weeks of July. I want him to be a fish in the water at some point so paying for swim lessons is a priority in my book. We did have a couple of appointments last week, one of which was a bit traumatizing. I still don't understand how the little prince can give so many vials of blood and get stuck twice, but simply does NOT like getting shots. He had to have four shots on Wednesday afternoon and he was not happy. On a good note, he did great with the audiologist and his hearing is perfect so far. Now I know he is just ignoring me when I call him sometimes...a true six year old. This Thursday we see the dentist. I have a feeling this will be the first of many many visits.

We did take him to see his first movie here with us, Toy Story 3. Loved it! And so did Longji. John finished summer school so we have the remaining summer left to just do whatever. We left July 3rd for New Braunfels and stayed at my brother's house for a couple of nights. We had a blast and Longji did fantastic! He sleeps just fine through the night and he did great over there. We went to the parade Saturday morning, visited Gruene in the afternoon, had a fish fry that evening. On Sunday, Casey and I officially started our training for the SA Rock n Roll Marathon in November. We ran three miles together through their neighborhood. We took a drive down to the river that afternoon and then headed out for a spot for fireworks. Oh and we grilled fajitas that night. They too were awesome! Longji loved the fireworks. Monday we took a drive out to Canyon Lake and ate lunch out there. Today we hit the swimming pool for some summer fun and Longji had a blast. He will never admit he is tired or sleepy, but I got proof that he does in fact sleep on the way home. Five minutes in the car after two hours in the pool and he was out.

We are planning a trip to the beach for a few days next week so we will see how things go in the big ocean.

As far as adjusting goes, he is doing amazingly well. Our only real concern in the beginning was the sleeping, but he seems to be doing much better now. He is beginning to speak in sentences rather than just spit words out and I know he understands about 85% of what we are saying. He is just like any other six year old at this point and I am sure he will continue to transition well. I am posting some pictures of the last few weeks events. One of them is Longji sitting on the couch playing on his Cars Laptop. He seems like a little adult sometimes. We also took him to Chucky Cheese the night of his shots to ease the pain a bit...it worked. He had a blast and could not wait to hug Chucky! I am posting pictures of this as well.





















No comments:

Post a Comment